Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Temperature taken upon arrival.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned at the front desk when you arrive.
- We require a face covering or mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with HEPA Filtration units.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- We request you bring your own pen and eye cover such as sunglasses to you appointment.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 301-645-6611 or .
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.